Retro Studios Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind. Announced by Nintendo in January 2019, Retro Studios is currently in the midst of developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Triage issues reported by our internal and external content teams
- Develop tools and technologies needed to provide efficient reporting and collection of issues and report them to the relevant teams
- Support our IT team with our infrastructure setup and upgrades
- Collaborate with the production department to ensure timely delivery of builds
- Support and maintain some of our internal web tools
- Manage and maintain internal databases used by our tools
- Develop and maintain our internal CI/CD systems
- Collaborate with our QA team to develop automated testing systems
- Identifies and proposes solutions for devops bottlenecks
- Participates in creating standards, frameworks and libraries for internal tools
- May work directly on video game projects as necessary to meet Studio commitments
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience with video game programming.
- Experience developing applications and libraries for dev-operations
- Proficiency Python, cake and other scripting languages
- Experience working on tools developed in C# and C++
- Experience in Perforce, Teamcity and other build/CI packages
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
- Effective organization, time-management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a support organization providing user support
- 4+ years' prior experience in the industry required
Retro Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
Apply on company website