Responsible for planning and directing the overall operations of the Quality Assurance and Training Program within Patient Access and Communications and Patient Financial and Insurance departments, as well as develop, implement and coordinate education/training and staff development programs under supervision of the Patient Access & Communications Director. Key responsibilities include managing ongoing analysis of quality assurance audits, providing training by conducting workshops and education programs for assigned personnel to ensure functions are performed accurately and the development and implementation of methods and systems and to improve overall effectiveness of functions of the department to increase productivity, reduces costs and drive revenue. Acts as a resource assisting other departments and personnel with questions related to patient registration and are required to assist with issue resolution regarding registration and data entry.
1. Baccalaureate degree required, preferably in Healthcare, Education, Information Technology, or related field.
2. Must complete leadership everyday classes within 12 months.
1. Patient Access and/or Revenue Cycle relevant certification from a nationally recognized healthcare credentialing organization required within 12 months of assuming position.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Five or more years of customer engagement experience in a healthcare revenue cycle environment required.
2. Excellent classroom and one-on-one training skills required.
3. Instructional design skills required.
4. Excellent research and analysis, budgeting, organizational, oral and written communication skills required.
5. Formal experience with consulting, facilitation, questioning, and group process skills strongly preferred.
6. Intermediate proficiency in word processing and database applications required to support project work. Experience with action scripting, spreadsheet, presentation, web authoring, and project management applications strongly preferred.
7. Must demonstrate the highest discipline re: confidentiality.
8. Must demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy in a busy office environment.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills with and ability to effectively articulately thoughts into a useful and meaningful discussion.
10. Prior experience with instruction and/or training of staff required.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to large groups, engage with individuals from a variety of backgrounds, and effectively convey complex concepts in a clear, concise manner.
12. Must demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy in a busy work environment. Strong organizational, keying, formatting, writing, and editing skills essential.
13. Broad knowledge of managed care and third party payers.
14. Patient registration, third-party billing, pre-certification, insurance verification, patient cash collection and financial counseling experience preferred
15. Knowledge of adult learning theories, instructional design, competency assessments, and medical terminology strongly preferred.
16. Excellent technical writing skills for development, implementation, and maintenance of resources.
17. Leadership skills to effectively direct trainees while in a training class environment and properly evaluate comprehension and application of subject material.
18. This position requires initiative, motivation, creativity, and ability to understand many areas of expertise.
19. The training area is one of constant change. This position must be able to react positively to these developments and help lead the way forward to include new developments in training targeted to both new and existing employees.
20. Requires a high level of comfort with taking initiative and being accountable for team work and service excellence.
21. Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications required.
1. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence including, but not limited to professionalism, customer focus, compassion, strong listening skills, and a warm demeanor.
2. Consistently exhibits empathy, optimism, resourcefulness, and cultural competency in interactions with others.
3. Open to learning new things and teaming with others in a collaborative environment.
4. Proven record of accomplishment of conducting him/herself in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the unique complexities and challenges of the healthcare environment.
5. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
Apply on company website