SALARY: $79, 907 to $113,443/Annually (NEGOTIABLE)
This position is responsible for interacting with MIS customers to provide effective business solutions through the application of technology and process improvement. Incumbent will be focusing on analyzing business processes, suggesting improvements, and apply system capabilities to meet the needs of the Oneida's OnBase, Electronic Document Management/Content management initiative. Incumbent will support the integration of technologies through formal business methodologies to support and enhance the goals of Oneida business units. The incumbent will work with the business managers to develop process metrics to provide a statistical base for process improvement. The incumbent will possess the analytical skills to identify system failures and develop a root cause analysis. Incumbent will have opportunities to provide leadership on projects, and train/mentor junior staff members. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interact with MIS customers for the purpose of providing effective process solutions, workflow analysis, computer software solutions, problem resolution, service and support.
2. Provide business solutions by incorporating process improvement, process redesign, process measures, hardware, and software into a total system solution.
3. Facilitate Business Process Redesign activities and develop process metrics with process owners.
4. Coordinate process improvement activities and business unit goals and objectives with technical solutions. 5. Provide business solutions through hardware, software, and/or process to meet business unit needs.
6. Transform data into information to support business unit goals.
7. Develop return on investment and payback analysis for proposed changes.
8. Apply project management techniques and structure to assigned projects and daily assignments.
9. Participate as a team member on multi-departmental projects and/or work independently on programming projects.
10. Develop work plans which provide for system design, testing and implementation.
11. Provide guidance to junior team members. Provide leadership on system development projects as needed/required.
12. Provide information to internal MIS Management, as well as Business Unit Management, through formal and/or informal presentations.
13. Assist with or provide systems designs which will include user interviews, needs assessment, and coordination with existing systems.
14. Evaluate new software products to support user and/or programmer activities.
15. Provide initial and/or follow up user training with respect to system function and usage.
16. Assist with the development and maintenance of user and systems documentation.
17. Assist with annual budget preparation.
18. Support annual audit review activities.
19. Maintain awareness and understanding of industry/technology changes and developments through appropriate training and education.
20. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
21. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently walk and sit.
2. Occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
3. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or a 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment
1. Ability to perform cost benefit and return on investment analysis.
2. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
3. Ability to provide user training.
4. Ability to successfully cope with stressful conditions.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with user on a non-technical level while being able to translate user goals into automated processes.
6. Advanced personal computer experience and software knowledge, with high level of mathematical skills and analytical problem-solving experience.
7. Ability to develop and assist in the implementation of strategies that will positively affect the targeted business unit.
8. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with staff; clients, management, or other departments, as well as external agencies, necessary to effectively carry out job duties is required.
9. Ability to set goals, develop strategies and schedules for meeting goals and anticipate obstacles and alternative strategies.
10. Ability to process information effectively, learn new material, identify, and define problems and to recommend an appropriate decision path.
11. Must be willing and able to maintain awareness and understanding of industry changes and developments through appropriate training and education.
12. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
13. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
14. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
15. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation's Gaming Division.
16. A valid driver's license or occupational driver's license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver's license or occupational driver's license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-ofstate driver's license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a Personal vehicle under the Oneida Nation's Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver's eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. Experience with Infor's Global ERP, Infinium ERP software solution or similar ERP applications.
2. Experience with IBM's Cognos Analytics software solution or similar data analytics suite
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or closely related field to the targeted business application from an accredited college or university.
2. Five (5) years' experience programming in a business environment; experience in the following: programming and business expertise; system design and analysis in a business environment; as a project manager; in Business Process Redesign; in workflow analysis; with process improvement initiatives using process metrics; experience in the targeted business area or technology solution; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
3. Two (2) years' experience with Hyland's OnBase document management system or similar electronic document management system.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Must provide a copy of diploma/degree, license, or certification upon employment.
Department: MIS Applications Services
This is a full time position
Job Code: 02273
Closing Date: Until Filled
Responsible To: Application Services Manager
Apply on company website