Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Field Recruiter (Operations Hourly) position is responsible for ensuring quality Operations hourly store positions for Panda Express and other concepts. This position identifies and screens candidates to meet Operations' needs, including job posting, initial phone screening, and participation in recruiting events in assigned region (e.g., open houses, college recruiting, etc.). This position will research innovative Operations recruiting practices used successfully by other companies for recruiting hourly staff.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities.
- Proactively identifies and sources diverse, high quality candidates for Operations hourly (non-management) store positions, building a strong candidate pipeline through internal and external relationships and a variety of sources (e.g., internal and external postings, job fairs, public organizations, etc.). Collaborates with Operations leadership (ACO/RDO/VPO) and Field HR.
- Screens applicants using the Taleo applicant tracking and best-in-class recruiting processes and systems, determining candidates' technical competence, applicable background and skills, and cultural fit. Conducts phone interviews and recommends qualified candidates to appropriate Operations leaders and facilitates next steps.
- Conducts open houses and in-person interviews with Operations team and attends recruiting events in the region the position supports to identify potential candidates.
- Identifies creative sourcing methods for recruiting Operations hourly (non-management) staff. Conducts research into innovative approaches and best practices used by competitor companies for presentation to Field HR and Operations leadership. Collaborates with Operations leadership to develop regional recruiting strategy.
- Conducts pre-employment background and reference checks, creates offer letters, and extends offer packages, including negotiation around compensation and job terms and conditions.
- Collaborates with Operations Leaders (including General Managers and Area Coaches of Operations) and Field HR on recruiting efforts; keeps Operations Leaders updated on recruitment results. Prepares and provides reports on recruitment outcomes.
- May provide support or source for Operations management candidates as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, major in HR, Business Administration or related field preferred or Associate's degree with a minimum three years of experience in recruiting for Operations (non-management or management positions) with a retail/hospitality company including lead generation, creative
- Panda Operations experience preferred
- Sourcing, and cold calling experience.
- Operations management experience at General Manager level may also be considered.
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Apply on company website