DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious VP, Finance to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Parkridge Medical Center offers compassionate care and advanced technology in a comfortable and convenient setting. The 275-bed hospital near downtown Chattanooga features comprehensive diagnostic and medical/surgical services, including cardiovascular surgery, cancer treatment, intensive care, orthopedic and spine surgery, and rehabilitation. As part of the Parkridge Health System, patients also have access to OB-GYN services, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and behavioral health treatment centers for children and adults.
The VP Finance manages the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure that it is providing effective and efficient service. This individual is responsible for oversight of the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly, quarterly and year end processes.
Develops Strategy By:
• Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities.
• Participating as needed as a member of the Hospital's Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission and/or strategic plan.
• Providing direction, leadership, and educational needs to hospital managers.
• Providing financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
• Serving as chief staffing officer as directed by the CFO.
Manages Accounting & Financial Functions By:
• Assuming responsibility for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
• Coordinating internal and external audits.
• Coordinating the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
• Ensuring the hospital meets regulatory and compliance needs.
• Ensuring the hospital's internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed.
• Maintaining accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
• Overseeing the coordination and timely completion of month end close for the hospital and its subunits.
• Overseeing the functions of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies. As well as other non-financial departments as assigned.
• Overseeing the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report work papers.
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance or related field
•Master's degree in related field
•5+ years of experience in finance/accounting or Big 4 auditing/accounting experience
•Experience as a hospital Controller
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of financial markets (e.g., primary and secondary markets, monetary and fiscal policy, security analysis).
• Skill in analyzing financial statements to evaluate the organization's fiscal health and locate causes of variance in business operations.
• Skill in assigning the appropriate level of authority to coincide with delegated work activities.
• Skill in conveying to others the feeling that their work is valued and that they are important members of the team.
• Skill in identifying the most probable long-term consequences of an action or decision given a large number of possible future outcomes.
• Skill in setting priorities and work directions for others so they have a clear idea of performance expectation.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website