Penske Logistics in Shelbyville is a 3rd party logistics provider servicing the nation's largest grocery store chain. We seek high performing individuals with a passion for customer service and high ethical standards. If this sounds like you - come join our team!
6:00 pm - 2:30 am or 10:00 - 6:30 am
Dock Coordinator Daily Duties:
Assigning/Releasing Work; Monitoring Work; Paperwork & Recaps;
-Coordinate with direct supervisors for Lift Truck Operator moves, selector activity, loader activity or anything else to ensure a trailer will be loaded in a timely manner.
- Complete all paperwork as required by systems management. Bill of Ladings, final load diagrams, etc.
- Contact transportation dispatch when routes have been closed and paperwork has been finished.
- Contact the spotters for trailer counts and needed moves of trailers to doors.
- When needed, perform all job responsibilities of equipment room personnel to cover breaks or lunches.
- Use the intercom system to page individuals when requested by operations.
Responsibilities: Equipment Room Checklist Verification; Checking IN/OUT Equipment; Cradling Equipment – Batteries and Voice Units; Stocking; Downtime – Entering Indirect Labor Codes; Cleaning;
- Repair and replace rolls of labels as needed and restart the label printer.
- Use the P-Touch label creator to induct new bar codes into the system for labeling purposes for all equipment needing scanned in and out.
- Use the Zebra printer to reprint labels for check digits, locations, etc. when needed.
- Troubleshoot any employee needs with system issues, equipment problems or other necessary items the employee requires to perform their job duties.
Associates must be willing to:
- Work any shift and any schedule as needed
- Learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
- Lead by example at all times
- Work as a member of a team, accomplish team goals and operational objectives
- Maintain professionalism with management and co-workers.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- All other tasks as requested by Supervisor
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Considerable ability to multi-task.
- Considerable ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work among a diverse work group.
- Considerable ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Considerable analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer operations.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Job Board Summary
Penske Logistics ini Shelbyville is a 3rd part logistics provider servicing the nation's largest grocery store chain. We seek high performiing individuals with a passion for customer service and high ethical standards. If this sounds like you - come join out team! Dock Coordinator Daily Duties: Assigning/Releaseing Work; Monitoring Workl; Paperwork & Recaps.
Apply on company website