The Recruiting Supervisor position will lead a small centralized team of hiring specialists and recruiting assistants by providing guidance and expertise around warehouse staffing strategies, process and technologies supporting flexed areas and start-ups. This exciting role will work at our corporate offices in Reading, PA and remotely support operations across the United States and Canada.
From a people perspective, this role will have direct coaching and supervision responsibilities over the recruiting team, including the delegation of work, prioritization, and new initiatives. In order to ensure strong internal customer satisfaction, strong communication and collaboration are necessary to ensure alignment between human resources and operations. This position will have regular interaction with Vice Presidents, Staffing Manager, HR Managers, and HR Directors to assure internals customer needs and organizational staffing needs are met successfully.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 3 years of recruiting experience in a large, high-volume, multi-site or single site employer. Preferred candidates will have 2 years of experience in managing direct reports, recruiting operations, and project management. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role.
The position will report to the Recruiting Manager and regularly interact with the Director of Human Resources, HR Managers, and in collaboration with other staffing leadership peers. This position will require occasional later shifts and weekends as needed to support the business and start-ups.
- Manage daily interaction with all recruiting assistants and hiring specialists including: hiring goals, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assist with issue resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction. Your efforts will contribute to the success of your team keeping a targeted 30% of candidates in background screening and 90% of new hire/orientation classes filled at their prospective locations.
- Ensures strong collaboration between operations (VP, Location Staffs) and Human Resources (HRD, HRM, Recruiting Assistants, and Hiring Specialists) on staffing strategies, prioritization, and initiatives. This includes ensuring each location has defined staffing strategies and regular communication to ensure alignment.
- Serve as a Penske staffing process and Taleo recruiting technology subject matter expert, including: having a full understanding of common functionality of applicants, hiring managers, hiring specialists and recruiting assistants.
- Coach and develop hiring specialists and recruiting assistants. Assure the team are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
- Assume ownership and oversight of any external critical role and operational staff recruiting. This will involve heavy collaboration with hiring specialists and HR Managers and Representatives, as well as upward reporting to HR Directors on progress.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Recruiting Manager and/or HR Director such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized, multi-site organization required
- 2 years management of direct reports preferred
- 2 years project management experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; preferably AIRS certification
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
- Knowledge of employment law and hiring practices
- Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office 365, Smartsheet, and internet search, required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong candidate pipelines
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an equal opportunity employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website