Penske Logistics is looking for Security Guards to become part of our growing team. Penske Logistics Warehouse Operations are an essential business and continue to serve our local communities. Come be part of an exciting team securing one of the Midwest's largest grocery store chain. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have an outgoing attitude who want to excel.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits.
Safety Performance Awards
Paid Time Off
Penske Cash Balance Plan
Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
The Security Guard role oversees and monitors the safety and security of the campus, company security practices, and provides customer service to the company as directed.
Shifts B $19 hourly
Shift Differential Pay $1.00
Shift C (Overnight)
• Monitor safety and security of the campus by:
- Performing routine patrols of buildings and campus grounds
- Monitor to deter unauthorized entries of buildings
- Performing patrols to provide protection against fires and/or other dangerous situations
- Deterring criminal activity, and respond to other irregular activities
• Perform a customer service function by answering inquiries and providing direction to visitors, contractors and associates.
• Exercise control of access to entrance and secure areas by using admitting procedures.
• Represent Penske in a highly professional manner. Develop and maintain trusted, positive relationships with associates, clients, and vendors.
• Perform campus administrative duties, which include responding to safety and security concerns and completing safety inspections, daily/weekly/monthly reporting and safety/security audits.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must possess, or be able to obtain, an active St. Louis County security license
• Minimum 1 year of experience in security, corrections, law enforcement or military required
• Must be able to respond immediately to all emergency situations and maintain control of the environment
• Ability to use post equipment, alarms, logs and other devices required
• Must be able to utilize the surveillance cameras, monitoring systems, and analyze access logs
• Ability to utilize the Visitor Management System, computers and online tools required
• Strong skills in customer service when dealing with internal and external people required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Must have strong conflict resolution/problem solving skills
• Must act strictly within established procedures and refer questionable matters to a supervisor
• Must provide a positive and professional image
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website