This position can be based out of Reading, PA or Beachwood, OH
Monitor part inventory levels and/or delivery schedules for a single customer to assure timelydelivery of materials and products to customer locations. Manage time sensitive informationand transactions in order to ensure data accuracy in the customer's and/or Penske's inventorysystems. Respond to customers' requests, problems, and special needs, which can extend to aglobal customer base.
Tuesday thru Saturday 7:00am - 4:00pm
- Understands the location safety strategy and how toapply it in the work place.
- Adheres to all policies and regulations.
Proactively recognizes potential problems or deviationsfrom plan at an early stage
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of all transactions.
- Initiates regular “one-on-one” contact and maintainsrelationship with customer counterpart.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve thecustomers' inventory and/or delivery process.
- High school or equivalent, required. Some college, preferred.
- Computer Skills, required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule and work at the specificlocation required.
Positions that Prepare you for this Role:
- Administrative or hourly role, preferably with the same customer
Penske Training Recommended for this Role:
- Sharpening Your Customer Focus
- Socratic Dialogue
- Resolving Conflict
- Skillsoft Online Training(Excel - Word - Powerpoint)
Next Level Position(s):
- Materials Coordinator
- Logistics Planner
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website