The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist Assistant I is to provide direct patient care under the direction of a qualified Physical Therapist upon physician referral.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Ability to perform patient care utilizing correct body mechanics.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering care.
- Competent to treat a variety of diagnoses for patients who may be young adults, older adults and geriatrics.
- Physical Therapist Assistant shall be a graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in California, or eligible to take the examination for licensure in the State of California, with PTA license applicant document on file.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience preferably in a home health agency, acute care facility or outpatient clinic.
- Must maintain a current California Physical Therapist Assistant license.
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current driver's license and valid auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills, Windows and Microsoft products necessary.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.
Apply on company website