DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Floor Care Tech Environmental Services Department Full Time, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
The EVS Floor Care Technician works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties:
- Provides cleaning services and tile/carpet floor maintenance with consideration of patients, their family and friends, with regard to their personal dignity and respect for their values.
- Performs environmental tasks dealing with adherence to infection control policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe patient environment.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient's room as well as cleaning discharged rooms in a timely manner for incoming admissions.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining non-patient areas, offices, common areas, hallways, and common area rest rooms.
- Responsible for proper handling of all chemicals as well as following proper infection control policies and proper PPE use.
- Ensures patient rooms and physical hospital flooring is cleaned and maintained in an efficient, safe, and timely manner, Ensures equipment is in working order, ensures preventive maintenance is completed on equipment.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient and environmental safety issues.
- Ensures proper signage is placed at the appropriate locations when hazards (i.e. wet floor warnings) are plausible.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of equipment used to clean floors and can identify mechanical issues with the equipment to be reported timely and appropriately.
- Dust mops and wet mops all tile floors nightly using an approved germicidal detergent at the proper dilution ratio, or other designated agent.
- Empties mop bucket frequently and mixes new batch of cleaning solution.
- Vacuums and pre-spots all carpeted areas nightly paying particular attention to corners, edges, and under furniture.
- Damp dusts all surfaces using an approved germicidal detergent mixed in 5 qt. bucket.
- When cleaning areas or departments with highly-technical equipment, takes care not to damage equipment by over-wetting when damp dusting.
- Cleans all rest rooms in assigned areas as outlined in the training manual.
- Cleans offices and ancillary areas according to procedures outlined in the training manual.
- Repositions furniture and equipment after room cleaning, turns off lights and closes and locks doors.
- Cleans corridors following departmental procedures and takes extra care to prevent safety hazards to persons using corridor.
- Maintains supply cart with necessary equipment and supplies to avoid need to restock during mid-shift.
- Stores equipment properly when on break, at meal or in meeting.
- Reports any damage to cleaning equipment to supervisor or department head immediately and takes equipment out of service by placing an out of order tag on it.
- Correctly cleans all equipment at start and end of each shift.
- Stores and organizes equipment at end of shift in designated hospital areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website