DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Intensive Care Unit
.90 FTE Full Time Nights
Plantation General Hospital
External candidates only. For more information contact Heather S. Borgioli.
Plantation General Hospital is a full-service facility that is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been providing a range of healthcare services to residents of Plantation and Central Broward County for 45 years. Our nationally recognized centers of excellence specialize in maternity, high risk maternity, pediatrics, pediatric intensive care and Level III neonatal intensive care have earned us a distinguished reputation for quality.
Plantation General Hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and as a Center of Excellence in Neonatal services, one of the only three in the nation. We deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Plantation General we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The ICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
- Current FL RN License, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- ACLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
- 1-3 years of recent ICU experience
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in using computers
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50lb
- Graduate from a school of nursing
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website