DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)-Telemetry
Full-Time Nights FTE 0.9
Plantation General Hospital
External candidates only.Facility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family-friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus on Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high-risk OB care, and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Plantation General Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of their assigned patients. They are also responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU), some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform assessment of patient's physical, emotional, age/population specific conditions, needs, and care in a timely and accurate fashion using acceptable nursing processes under the license of a Registered Nurse.
- Complete thorough, accurate, and complete documentation for history, data collections, interventions, and other required care in the licensed practical nurse's scope of practice.
- Follow and performs all medication administration guidelines.
- Develop accurate, thorough, pertinent, and revised patient-specific care plans.
- Use error-free critical thinking during all aspects of patient care.
- Seek out resources to eliminate potential errors including but not limited to physicians, co-workers, charge nurses, management, inter/intradisciplinary teams, and available web-based programs.
- Provide Standard of Care per established Plantation General Hospital policy and procedures and unit-specific competencies.
- Cardiac Monitoring- Review, Read, and Document Cardiac Rhythms
- Update whiteboards during bedside report at the change of shift and PRN
- Keep POU room clean and scans all barcoded items.
- Utilize the I-Trace system when giving reports and making rounds.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Four (4) years Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Two (2) years Associate Degree (ASN) required.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience required.
- Completed Basic Arrhythmia Course preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website