Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our Platt team in Livermore, CA!
Primarily responsible for interfacing with customers to process orders and inquiries through quoting product prices, providing delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where applicable. May work in coordination with one or more Outside Sales Representatives, providing sales support and customer service for specific customers.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes telephone orders by quoting product prices, delivery specifications, and payment terms and offering substitute products where appropriate
- Assists outside sales personnel by processing priority transactions
- Sells, markets, promotes, demonstrates products and increases business through product sales to new customers and through additional sales to existing customers
- Prospects for new accounts within a specified geographical territory
- Pursues product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships
- Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences
- Processes product quotations and provides continuous follow up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle
- Gathers and reports to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and, current and future market trends as well as assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets
- Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels by attending customer seminars, schools, special promotions and participates in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs
- Able to meet deadlines
Knowledge and Experience & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or two-year technical degree or more preferred
- Customer oriented, excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influence
- Product and application knowledge essential
- Equivalent experience in the industry with a strong sales background will be given serious consideration.
- Excellent attendance record required
Platt Core Competencies (refer to full definition for details)
The individual must behave consistently with Platt's Core Competencies; Personal Integrity, Personal Leadership, Caring, Desire to Improve, Energizer, Knowledge & Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Majority of the time in an office environment, frequently checking or pulling product from the warehouse. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This can be a high stress and fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, required to speak, read and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Able to work overtime as needed.
Travel is generally not required. Occasional overnight travel for training or classes may be a required.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost, commissions, credit, rebate and profit, understand and interpret financial data and reports and balance sheets.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Apply on company website