Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Wire Cutter to join our Platt team in Beaverton, OR!
The Wire Cutter is responsible for accurately storing, cutting and staging of wire in compliance with company standards of safety, security and productivity. Schedule: 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM with Overtime as needed.
The individual must behave consistently with Platt's Core Competencies and comply with all Platt Policies and Guidelines. This position is responsible for operating any material handling equipment (MHE) in a safe and efficient manner. This position is responsible for using powered material handling equipment (PMHE) to move heavy product in limited space in a safe and efficient manner, as well as moving product to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stack/store merchandise in the appropriate area; retrieving and cutting wire for requested customer shipments; understanding and be able to safely operate all wire cutting machinery; stocking master cut reels of wire in appropriate storage area; staging wire cuts in the appropriate shipping area, and complying with OSHA and MSDS standards; filling all orders correctly and completely, as directed by the Warehouse Management Software (WMS). Reliable and regular attendance is required. Overtime as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area and assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have experience with Radio Frequency hand scanner.
- Must be certified in operating one of the following machines - Stand-up High Reach Truck, Stand-up Pallet Rider and Sit-down Forklift.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred but not required.
- Data-entry experience preferred but not required.
This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and understand RF scanning devices.
This position requires the ability to perform simple math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
This position requires the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Training and certification on forklifts and high-reach narrow-aisle stand-up rider pallet trucks that conforms to OSHA safety training requirements. Training will be provided by the company as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use their hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles due to high levels of dust and dirt. The warehouse environment has no means of temperature control; therefore, the temperature is dependent upon weather conditions.
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Apply on company website