DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $38.03 - $58.29 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.*Position will be Outpatient*
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Physical Therapist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Physical Therapist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Physical therapists, sometimes called PTs, care for people of all ages who have functional problems resulting from back and neck injuries; sprains, strains, and fractures; arthritis; amputations; neurological disorders, such as stroke or cerebral palsy; injuries related to work and sports; and other conditions. Physical therapists use a variety of techniques to care for their patients. These techniques include exercises; training in functional movement, which may include the use of equipment such as canes, crutches, wheelchairs, and walkers; and special movements of joints, muscles, and other soft tissue to improve mobility and decrease pain.
As a Physical therapist, you typically do the following:
You will review patients' medical history and referrals or notes from doctors, surgeons, or other healthcare workers
You will diagnose patients' functions and movements by observing them stand or walk and by listening to their concerns
Your role develops individualized plans of care for patients, outlining the patients' goals and the expected outcomes of the plans
You will use exercises, stretching maneuvers, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients' pain, help them increase their mobility, prevent further pain or injury, and facilitate health and wellness
Your role evaluates and record a patients' progress, modifying the plan of care and trying new treatments as needed
You educate patients and their families about what to expect from the recovery process and how to cope with challenges throughout the processWhat qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association accredited school with a BS, MS, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Employee must maintain an active Physical Therapy license in the State of Colorado.
- Employee must have current certification in BLS for HealthCare Providers (in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines)
- Successful completion of student clinical rotation or work experience in at least one of the following settings: acute care hospital, long-term acute care facility, skilled nursing facility, and/or acute rehabilitation setting.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Licensed Physical Therapy
- Bachelors Degree
No Travel Travel Required
No experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center offers over 80 specialties in our 680 plus bed hospital that serves the Uptown neighborhood of Denver, Colorado. PSL is an affiliate of HealthONE hospitals, the largest healthcare system in metro Denver. Our Women's Services department is proud to be in the top 5% in the nation for our Labor and Delivery and OB/GYN specialties. Along with our affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, PSL provides the largest neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the Denver region.
We provide labor and delivery services, award-winning emergency care, vital health screenings such as mammograms, cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, advanced wound care and hyperbaric treatments, and of course, hospital care. We are proud to serve our community with over 1,000 specialists and experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Physical Therapist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website