Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryTo perform daily postings and provide proper documentation of posted payments to be archived. Balances cash and remittance advice payments with daily deposits. This job is responsible for the accurate and timely posting of all payments, adjustments and denials. Communicates with hospital departments to ensure timely posting of daily departmental deposits. Maintains current knowledge of institutional/departmental policies, third party payer regulations and all regulatory billing requirements, and standard institutional processes.
· JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must follow departmental procedures and processes. Must be technically competent in all aspects of cash applications job duties. Must utilize computer systems to full potential including being responsible for learning new computer techniques and programs as they become available. Adheres to established guidelines.
· PRODUCTIVITY: Must meet daily performance goals. Actively contributes to department goals. Effectively utilizes time and resources, assisting coworkers as time allows. Required to assist with special projects regarding cash on an as needed basis. Must be dependable.
· QUALITY OF WORK: Accurately post all payments, adjustments, and denials. Process and request various refunds. Coordinate equity transfer and general ledger postings with Finance. Balance payments to respective deposits and reconcile any discrepancies. Identify potential posting errors with Pathways or other systems. Must provide extensive research on items received which are unidentifiable. Required to document all work completed by using internal batch log sheet.
· PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Work area is to be kept neat, orderly and tidy. Responsible for daily time management, task management and completion. Must be able to effectively plan, organize, and execute position responsibilities.
· COMPLIANCE - POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: All policies and procedures will be strictly adhered to. HIPAA, security, dress code, etc. will be conscientiously followed. Understands, promotes, and adheres to all matters of compliance with laws and regulations. Demonstrates the highest of business ethics and good judgment with integrity.
· ATTENDANCE: Regularity and punctuality in reporting to work and returning from breaks is expected. Regular meeting attendance and participation is required.
· SERVICE AND SATISFACTION: Must demonstrate commitment to achieving superior customer satisfaction. Required to respond to written and telephone requests for research from internal and external customers. Clearly communicate any posting or cash related issues to supervisor/team leader. Maintain positive, cooperative demeanor and attitude at all times.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent
Experience - 3 years related experience
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding
- Analytical thinking
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationColonial Life Building
Department70019012 Patient Account Services
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website