Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryAs a senior level team member, this role takes a lead position in analyzing clinical, business and/or technical processes and problems and formulating and developing recommendations for new and modified systems that meet client and/or internal project requirements. Provides more advanced technical expertise than that of an Application Analyst in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Is generally assigned more complicated work efforts. Gathers and works with departments to prioritize development initiatives and activities. Provides analysis of workflow, recommends solutions, and implements application solutions to meet departmental needs. Translates departmental requests into business functional requirements. Performs financial analysis/business plan/impact assessment. Supports internal customers in such functional areas including, but not limited to, nursing, ancillary departments, Physician practice, patient accounting, medical records, finance, human resources, purchasing, sales, and contracts. Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance as well as the ability to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals. Manages system upgrades and large projects. Responsible for oversight of assigned Epic modules, workflows and system configuration. Mentors Associate and Mid- level I/S Analysts in their roles and supervises work efforts as directed by Manager.
- Directly coordinates the preparation, installation, deployment and production support of applications and Epic modules, including workflow analysis and flow charting, design specifications, programming and/or building, testing, training and implementation. Manages the purchase of appropriate hardware/software for new projects - under the direction of the respective IS Project Manager. Develops a timeline for implementation and ensures that all steps are taken to close all outstanding issues regarding the new implementation.
- Provides user functionality by coding programs, maintaining application tables/profiles/dictionaries, builds screens and/or pathways, and develops application support procedures to support customer requirements. Develops creative uses of existing technology or finds ways to expand the use of technology in existing areas. Accepts final responsibility for testing and debugging software before final deployment. Responsible for coordinating efforts for assigned Epic modules.
- Takes a lead role in maintaining customer relations and resolving customer issues related to software applications before involving the Manager. Interacts with users to develop plans to resolve their problems regarding the use of applications. Responsible for I/S communications to assigned departments concerning system status, downtime plans or other specific I/S involved events using various means such as the I/S intranet page, global emails, etc.
- Functions as the primary technical liaison with the respective vendor(s) for all implementation and post implementation activities of specific Epic modules. Functions as the lead department contact and provides project management support as required.
- Maintain application contingency plan documentation for assigned areas, ensuring the plan is updated and tested at least once annually.
- Mentors and trains assigned team members on internal standards for implementation planning, work plan development, project management, system support and customer service, including Epic and legacy systems as assigned. Prioritize and implement change control to all assigned systems and modules.
- Complete tasks on time and meet assignment dates. Accurately checks processes and tasks and ensures data integrity for assigned applications, testing to ensure new code does not impact previous version. Manages the work of others and assures tasks are completed on time.
- Communicates with assigned departments, Epic representatives and Prisma Health end user community and acts as the "hub" of communication between the department and Prisma Health IS. Investigates, identifies and prepares proposals to solve specific operational problems with all clinical operational areas, partnering with the department Director, Managers, and Supervisors of those departments.
- Optional where appropriate: Create training materials. Incorporate various learning techniques to achieve desired outcomes. Continually assesses curriculum to ensure users are able to pick up the knowledge needed to succeed when using the systems.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
- Bachelor's Degree in information services, health administration, business administration, health sciences or a related field
- 4 years of experience in EPIC or integrated EMR experience plus related information technology experience in a business, computer science or healthcare setting.
Epic certification in assigned Epic application discipline within 120 days of hire into position.
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of the educational and experience requirements listed above an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field and 6 years of related Information Technology experience in a Business Computer Science, or health care setting; or a High School Diploma or equivalent and 8 years related Information Technology experience in a Business, Computer Science, or health care setting may be considered. At least 2 years of Epic related experience is required. Epic certification in required module is required.
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Presentation, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to multi-task
- Masters Degree preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationSCM-ISC Information Services Group
Facility1001 Corporate Services - Upstate
Department70019419 ITS Financial Billing Systems
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website