ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: 1st/2nd shift -
Pharmacist will work a mix of first and second shifts. Start times can be as early as 0630, end times as late as 2330. Shifts are typically 8hrs. This position is also required to be able to work across all ProHealth campuses (Oconomowoc, Waukesha and Mukwonago), however a primary campus will be assigned. There is a set weekend (every 3rd) and holiday rotation. All staff is expected to rotate into third shift on an as needed basis, although this is rare. Pharmacists are exempt employees. Pharmacist works general med/surg, inpatient, and critical care coverage. Pharmacist at times maybe required to enter ante/buffer rooms and hood spaces, and as a requirement from regulatory bodies, must be jewelry and makeup free. Pharmacist participates in Interdisciplinary Rounds in a centralized/decentralized model. Positions may have some time in the ambulatory setting as well.
Part Time with Benefits
Using independent decision making and critical thinking skills, the Pharmacist promotes medication use that is safe, effective and considers the costs and benefits of therapy to maximize value. The Pharmacist interacts with other members of the healthcare team to proactively address medication therapy issues. The Pharmacist ensures patient care is maintained through compliance with the department's quality improvement plan, and the Joint Commission/Center for Medicare/Medicaid standards for pharmaceutical services.
Pharmacist Practice Expectations are the following, but not limited to:
- Interact with staff and patients and the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Use appropriate verbal and written skills, documentation skills according to departmental organizational practices, policies and procedures.
- Team Work
- Collaborate with peers, staff, fellow team members and outside colleagues
- Assist with training personnel as assigned
- Rotate in other job tasks as necessary
- Exhibit an approachable, interactive style in relationships
- Communicate effectively by being receptive to and receiving feedback
- Cross-coverage between campuses (WMH, OMH, DNG-Mukwonago)
- Coverage of remote hospitals at OMH (Fort Atkinson and Beaver Dam) when required
- Rules and Regulations
- Adheres to health system and departmental policies and procedures
- Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infection control
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures safe, quality, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols by
- Interpreting medication orders and physician consults and verifying the orders for accurate patient medication profiles and in the allotted time given priority of STAT orders within 15 minutes and all routine orders within 60 minutes
- Preparing and dispensing medication orders accurately via ProHealth Care's drug distribution systems
- Compounding and dispensing pharmaceuticals, including sterilely prepared chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition products (specific positions)
- Issuing controlled substances to patient care areas and maintaining records as required by law
- Managing pharmacokinetic regimens
- Evaluation of patient profiles for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose for patient age and disease state(s)
- Conducting medication reconciliation for inpatients during their stay
- Review/interpret culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommend changes as appropriate
- Documents all clinical activities and intervention accurately and completely
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as appropriate
- Sustain the formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and promoting rational drug therapy selection
- Attends patient care rounds on their units (when applicable)
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff and to patients and their families as needed
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department
- Collects data; conducts quality monitors and inspections; and maintains logs, records, and other documentation as assigned
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner
- Provides direction, oversight and supervision for students, residents, pharmacy technicians or assigned staff
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Training and Education
- Attends orientation, education, and training programs pertinent to the delivery of patient care on their teams
- Reviews literature and other materials pertinent to the practice of pharmacy
- Participates in the development of education and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs when instructed or designated by supervisors
- Pharmacist License (required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified (required)
- Valid WI driver's license (required)
- EPIC healthcare experience (preferred)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (preferred)
- Omnicell, KitCheck, CPM (medication carousel) and Pharmacy Keeper experience (preferred)
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website