ProHealth Care offers a system-wide laboratory operation with core hospital labs at Waukesha Memorial and Oconomowoc Memorial as well as two clinic-based laboratory sites in Waukesha County and performs over 8 million tests annually. Our Lab services operate out of state of the art facilities and include clinical testing in the areas of Histology, Cytology, Hematology, Coagulation, Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis, Immunoassay, Microbiology, Transfusion service, EIA, and Molecular Biology. ProHealth Care offers a vibrant outreach program, providing laboratory testing to numerous specialty hospitals, physician offices, and nursing home facilities. We have PhDs on site who work closely with lab employees to monitor quality, identify, access, and implement new technology. The Laboratory has certification and accreditation through the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Joint Commission (JCAHO), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA).
Hours: The position works every Saturday 0930-1530 and every other Friday afternoon 1400-1800.
Both Friday and Saturday shifts have somewhat flexible start and end times. Can discuss with qualified candidate during interview.
Full Time / Part Time: Part Time no Benefits
The Client Services Specialist is a technically trained laboratory professional who provides support to our internal and external customers and colleagues for all laboratory questions and problems. The CSS uses his or her education and experiene in order to provide guidance to providers, nurses, pharmacy staff, phlebotomists, couriers, data entry and billing specialists, reference laboratories, and lab assistants. These individuals are responsible for the following daily tasks (list is not all inclusive):
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooting and distribution of questionable laboratory specimens from inpatients, outpatients, and outside clients.
- Maintains an organized work space while managing inbound faxed lab orders, inbound specimens, and phlebotomy requests.
- Uses effective verbal and written communication with teammates, clinical providers, nursing staff, medical couriers, and department leaders
- Responds to inbound phone inquiries from clients from the entire PHC service area.
- Maintains proficiency in the laboratory and hospital information computer systems.
- Manually enters lab results from reference laboratories
- Maintains accuracy of online test catalog
- Assists department in preparation for regulatory agency inspections
- Validates annual competency assessments
- Writes and reviews policies / procedures
- Packages specimens for transport to reference laboratory
- Interprets and transcribes esoteric laboratory test requests
- Acts as a liaison between the laboratory and nurses or other healthcare providers
- Completes problem investigation, documentation and resolution. Ensures all parties are apprised of specimen rejection when necessary.
- Provides prompt and sincere customer service recovery to patients and providers when necessary.
- Associates degree in MLT or Laboratory related field, preferred is bachelor's degree in Medical Technology / Clinical Lab Science
- ASCP registry preferred
- Years of related experience Preferred is 2 years or more in related field.
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website