ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: Varies Monday - Friday
Hours will vary depending on department needs. Employee may need to float to another clinic depending on clinic needs.
Full Time Benefits
Provide direct care to patients under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician (Provider) within PHMG. Provide care in partnership with the patient and their family, with the goal of supporting an optimal healing community.
• Efficiently prepares exam room in advance of patient placement. Set out proper equipment and or supplies specific to the examination
• Room patients and obtain vital signs, request and record health history, prepare patient for Provider exam and document results into the electronic medical record (EMR).
• Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR or other patient records indicated for all patient care, i.e. phone notes, lab results, vital signs, treatments, test results, patient history.
• Answers and make patient phone calls in accordance with patients HIPAA instructions. Obtain medical information for the Provider and field questions appropriately based on Provider directed protocols. Report test results to patients under the direction of the Provider.
• Prepares, administers oral and parenteral medications per medication order, using age specific technique, complete two-point patient identifier. Ensure “5 Rights” - right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, and right time/frequency. Rule out any contraindications Provides patient or parent vaccination or other medication information sheets. Observe patient and notify provider immediately of any adverse reactions.
• Performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings, i.e. ear lavage, pulse oximetry, nebulizer treatments, spirometry, hearing and vision screening, fetal non-stress test, holter monitoring, suture/staple removal and others as needed for the Provider.
• As directed, completes specimen collection, ensuring the two-point patient identifier is followed. Obtain blood specimens using age appropriate protocol by means of venipuncture, finger stick or heal stick for laboratory test analysis. Label specimens and ensure specimen integrity in packaging and pick up.
Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results. Ensures CLIA / OSHA compliance standards are met.
- Current state license required for those who completed the LPN education program. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification preferred but not required for those who completed the Medical Assistant education program.
- Minimum requirements include one of the following:
Successful completion of a 1-year accredited Medical Assistant program qualified by the AAMA preferred.
- Completion of medical assisting training or course work and 2-4 years' work experience in a medical assisting role in a large health system
- Completion of an accredited LPN education program
- Completion of registered nurse courses including 1 year of clinicals
- Documented completion of the United States Military Medical Corpsman program
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website