Prepares vouchers for all payable invoices, and to prepare checks in payment of the voucher by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of vouchers for all appropriately signed vendor invoices properly submitted for payment.
- Ensures that invoices are properly prepared and paid within the terms of payment required by the vendor.
- Ensures that invoices presented for payment are properly signed by the cognizant cost center manager, and that appropriate guidance is annotated so that general ledger codes, if not already noted on the invoice, can be assigned.
- Ensures that invoices not signed or otherwise properly prepared for processing are returned to the cognizant cost center manager expeditious for processing and resubmission.
- Employee expense reports are received with appropriate approvals. Enters into AP system with general ledger codes. Expense reports must be entered and sent to payroll per schedule.
- Responsible for the maintenance of merchandise costing. Vendor invoices are compared to product master and maintenance performed when necessary.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely mailing of vendor payments.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor files in an accurate, timely and orderly manner.
- Responds to vendor inquiries regarding payment schedules; refers inquiries from “sensitive” vendor accounts to the A/P Manager or Controller as specifically directed by the A/P Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school preferred; three or more years related experience and/or training, of which one to two years previous work in accounts payables; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as AS400 / Alpha Database software, Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Not Applicable
- Ability to work overtime
- 10 key by touch
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website