The Cycle Counter is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory.
Summary: The Cycle Counter is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. Duties also include miscellaneous activities to maintain inventory accuracy through proper processing of material receipts, transfers, and issues. Supports the execution of all processes and procedures related to inventory accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Verify the accuracy of our perpetual inventory quantities on a daily basis by cycle counting items in our inventory system.
- Research and have ability to reconcile inventory variances.
- Update item attributes as needed.
- Run daily/weekly/monthly reports for product rotation.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory integrity.
- Maintain product identification, location and lot accuracy.
- Work with Inventory Control and Warehouse Management to resolve inventory problems in a timely manner.
- Open carton, bundles and other containers to county items and/or weight materials to determine quantity on hand.
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products.
- Confirm that stock being cycle counted is correct.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous inventory cycle count experience preferred.
- Must be able to drive order picker, reach and sit-down forklifts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports and documents, define problems, and collect data.
- Ability to respond in timely manner to common inquiries.
- Prior Experience with hand held scanners.
- Effectively present analysis and recommendations to management.
- Possess the ability to focus on multiple objectives and tasks while meeting deadlines and achieving departmental goals.
- Proficient computer skills and experience to include Excel and Word.
- Must process problem solving and math skills.
- Ability to focus on a single repetitive task.
- Required to obtain certification and safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Tools & Technology:
Tools: Desktop computers; High capacity removable media drives; Liquid crystal display projector; Notebook computers; Personal computers. Scanners
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website