Company: Republic National Distributing Company
Location: Richmond, VA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
Email me to apply later
Represent RNDC in coordinating the chain activities and initiatives for a designated national account. Will act as a liaison for all RNDC supplier partners in addition to representing all RNDC markets.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- Develop a relationship with the designated national chain buyer and/or any respective regional buyer.
- Responsible for communicating issues and opportunities with all points of internal and external contact (state, regional, national).
- Facilitate all national and regional programs with the Company's supplier network and respective internal points of contact.
- Develop and implement best practices between this position, Company state chain associate positions and the Company's key decision makers (at the market/state level) to help facilitate chain initiatives for future enhancement of position efficiencies.
- In collaboration with respective Company chain contacts, initiate, pursue and support national and/or regional program opportunities within the Company's supplier network.
- Communicate the identification of trends/brands which may positively impact sales in other states.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes or development of new processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation and management of change. This includes effective business judgment and critical thinking, as well having a systemic perspective of the business.
- Negotiate Conflict Through Collaboration: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Manage Execution to Attain Results: Behaviors which involve managing people to accomplish goals, including performance management, effective delegation, creating accountability, ensuring high standards and clear goals, etc. This competency includes identification of priorities and actions that have the greatest impact on outcomes and business results.
- Focus on Profitability: Behaviors which have a direct impact on profitability, outside of process improvement activities.
- Attract, Coach, & Promote Talent: Behaviors that contribute to the development of the skills and knowledge of direct reports. This competency includes creating a learning and training environment, coaching and providing feedback, and developing people's careers.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Create Customer Satisfaction – Sales: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the customer. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, being responsive to needs, etc.
- Build Supplier Satisfaction - Sales: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with suppliers which lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the supplier. Includes developing strong working relationships, understand and responding to supplier opportunities, being proactive and a good business partner.
- Requires a current, valid state driver's license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability and flexibility to regularly travel throughout the RNDC marketing area
- Ability to understand and manage wine and spirits portfolios across three states, and provide balanced representation of the portfolios to the customer.
- Tools: Desktop computers; Notebook computers; Personal computers; Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers; Tablet computers.
- Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software
Apply on company website