This job role manages key responsibilities related to supplier contracts and relations. Partners with several internal business colleagues on the corporate and national sales teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage direct report team; business work flows; standard of operations; reports; technology solutions; and appropriate recordkeeping for compliance reasons.
- Assists leadership on setting and achieving goals and budgets in partnership with sales line management and leadership.
- Regularly analyzes profitability and viability of programs; identifies opportunities with brands, categories, inventory, etc.
- Responsible for the management and productivity of the team/department functions including the supplier accounts receivable; conduct gross profit analysis; fund analysis; data quality; costing; federal compliance; and supply chain management.
- Understands and can communicate the pricing strategy, concepts, ideas, and opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains a strong and positive network with supplier contacts and key supplier leaders.
- Attends key meetings with sales leadership and assigned suppliers. May participate and present at key meetings and budget/financial reviews.
- Anticipates problems and develops solutions, plans, policies and guidelines. Delegates and assigns tasks, projects and responsibilities. Troubleshoots financial issues for solutions.
- Conducts analysis and approval of supplier incentives; ensures compliance and execution of supplier contracts; monitor incentive spend and ensure profitability and appropriate ROI; ensures proper bill-back percentages for supplier incentives.
- Approves pricing overrides, as necessary
- Manage Brand Muscle pricing in regard to supplier guidelines.
- Execute floor stock adjustments when required.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May manage or supervise other jobs on the state sales finance team. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these Associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and talent development; rewarding and disciplining Associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Master's or bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or supply chain management.); or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three or more years previous management in finance with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier highly preferred. Industry knowledge (supplier or wholesale distributor) in a management position responsible for performance of a department is preferred. Experience must include financial analysis; change management; and responsibility for managing and leading an accountable team.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write business presentations and executive white papers, using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting Oracle software. Knowledge of database software (Microstrategy or ability to learn). Experience with supply chain software is preferred. Database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Current state driver's license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handles, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website