Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) is a family-owned business with roots extending before Prohibition that has evolved into one of the nation's largest wine and spirits wholesalers. Our success is grounded in our core values of Family, Service, Accountability, Honesty, and Professionalism. We offer a vibrant, inclusive culture and workplace experience for individuals who want a career that makes them feel accomplished and engaged. RNDC values the health and well-being of our associates, inside and outside the office, offering dynamic health and wellness benefits that supply exceptional care and value. RNDC is geared toward growing our footprint and our people. Join our team of energetic professionals who believe in many happy hours and are experts in our craft.Summary
The VP Financial Ops/FP&A is a strategically important and highly visible role on the RNDC Finance Leadership Team and works closely with the CFO and other leaders to deliver the highest quality financial planning and analysis (FP&A), reporting standards, business and performance insights, and best-in-class analytics, to drive consistency in performance across the enterprise. The role will oversee regional and state finance teams across RNDC.
This role requires articulate communication skills, presentation skills, and the ability to synthesize large quantities of financial data into easy-to-understand narratives and story lines for RNDC Executives, owners, senior managers and other stakeholders.In this role, you will
- Lead Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis function across RNDC, including the leadership and development of a “connected” 360-degree financial planning process, including leading edge enterprise level financial planning tools. Direct experience leading the FP&A function across a large and complex multi-state or multi-country company is a must for this role.
- Delivers accurate and insightful reporting and narratives for the financial performance up to the Executive and Operating Committee (monthly, quarterly and annual cycles).
- Designs various drivers-based financial plans in collaboration with the reporting units to provide robust variance analyses to plan for monthly and quarterly reporting cycles.
- Builds effective relationships with all business operating units to develop challenging long-range financial plans (LRP), annual budgets and track ROIC and other critical financial rate of return measures.
- Report delivery against RNDC strategy and transformation portfolio goals.
- Collaborate with other departments to analyze different projects to develop goals, measure performance and make recommendations.
- Manage use, implementation and development of online analytical reporting tools and design efficient reports and databases.\
- Utilize pro-forma model of business combinations, divestitures and other projects.
- Support for critical business projects that underpin the strategy, including providing data and insight, developing business cases and production of financial analysis.
- Development effective portfolio analysis across the business to ensure adequate return for capex and other investments.
Master's or bachelor's degree or equivalent (accounting, finance, economics, or data analytics); 10 years related experience in a financial leadership position, including leading Financial Planning & Analysis or a similar function on an enterprise level scale. Seven or more plus years financial management/leadership experience in a consumer products company, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company, or large-scale distributor / wholesaler or supplier highly preferred. Experience must include financial analysis; financial analytics; performance management; and responsibility for managing and leading an accountable team.
Expert in the Microsoft Office Suite of software tools, with a particular expertise in Excel, Power Point, and Power BI. Deep knowledge of and experience with Excel and Power BI is critical. Additionally, experience with cloud-based tools and software such as Azure, AWS, Anaplan, etc., along with database software such as Logility, Microstrategy, etc. preferred, or the aptitude to learn.
CPA, CMA, CFA, or similar qualification preferred but not necessary.What's in it for you
- 401(k) with company matching
- Medical, dental and vision benefits*
- Generous paid time off program – work your way up to 5 weeks of PTO a year with the ability to carryover unused PTO
- Paid volunteer time
- Paid parental leave
- Paid caregiver leave
- Fertility benefits
- Paid training
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, and company-paid holidays
- Associate resource groups, and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs available for all associates
*Participation in these programs are subject to applicable wait periods and all plan and program terms and eligibility
We follow CDC Guidelines and have a fun and safe environment for our teams.
Republic National Distributing Company and National Distributing Company are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
RNDC is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process, to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please click here.
Apply on company website