DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Salary Estimate: $100422.40 - $156665.60 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Director of Medical Staff Services
Rose Medical Center
We are seeking a Director of Medical Staff Services for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
An acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, Rose Medical Center has been a proud member of the community since 1945. Each year Rose cares for more than 160,000 patients annually with a team of 1,300 dedicated employees, 100 volunteers and more than 1,200 physicians.
Awards & Honors
Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence.
Rose also received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017 in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes, as well as being recognized for the tenth time as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. Rose has earned Straight As from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has been named a "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures" by The Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, pneumonia and surgery.
Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the “Top 8 Places To Give Birth in the Nation” by Fit Pregnancy magazine, and Rose has more "Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area.
The Medical Staff Services Director will lead the direction and management of the facility's medical staff services department (MSSD) activities. The Director performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center. This position displays positive support for the values and mission of Rose Medical Center. This position is accountable for following aspects of the Medical Staff Organization: Medical Staff Administration, Medical Staff Education (CME/GME), Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance, Facility-based Credentialing tasks, Privileging, Performance Improvement/Peer Review, Risk Management/Patient safety, Information Management, and HCA System Coordination and Collaboration.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
This position serves as an essential link between Medical Staff Leadership, Executive Leadership, Division Leadership, and the Board. In addition, this position provides administrative direction for the Department's operations, budget, and strategic planning.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) required or achieved within three (3) years of employment.
- NAMSS or CAMSS membership preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in health care administration, business, or a related field of study; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience as a medical staff services professional within a hospital setting.
- Must have successful experience in medical staff credentialing, basic medical staff organization structure/governance, and regulatory requirements.
• Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, demonstrates advanced understanding of medical terminology
• Analytical skills – demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon complex clinical and technical information
• Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment, and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
• PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) applications, Visual Cactus, and others as required
• Financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Medical staff services technical skills – extensive knowledge of credentialing, privileging, peer review, and all other aspects of medical staff services
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website