Job ID: 2019-77783
The Service Manager I (SM I) manages the operations and personnel for locations with up to 130 equivalent truck units. May have Technicians-In-Charge, and/or Customer Service Coordinators, as well as Technicians and Service Employees to support the needs of assigned location. The Service Manager I must be able to accomplish results and ensure business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Service Manager I is responsible for ensuring the customer's needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business measured through leadership competencies and business metrics. This position is responsible for the management of the location performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the location is in compliance with and properly executing all key company processes, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Repair Practices. As with all FMS Shop positions, the Service Manager I is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Service Manager II role.
- Great career path!
- Gain hands on experience!
- Work for industry leader!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a position leading to a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
Apply to Ryder.Careers
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Safety Gear & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 86 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 39,000 + Employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
- College degree preferred (Associates or Bachelor's) or 2 - 4 years or more experience in a maintenance operations environment required
- Demonstrated success in a Ryder role may be substituted for this requirement
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently interact with customer management required
- Strong vehicle diagnostics/repair knowledge preferred
- Maintenance and Technical experience in a shop environment is required
- Supervisory experience required
- Capacity to understand labor, financial, operating, quality, safety and asset processes and related metrics. Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Competent in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- Knowledge of Shop Management systems preferred
- Ability to work with reporting systems to pull data for analysis and decision making is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe work environment, quality execution, and customer service as evidenced by previous experience and performance track record
- Must have demonstrated customer service focus, work flow analysis and management skills
- Ability to solve operational problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to resolve customer issues with minimal assistance
- Ability to lead and train workforce required
- Responsible for optimizing labor at the shop, and ensuring the optimal mix of straight time, O/T and Outside Repair
- Responsible for optimizing shift patterns to match supply of qualified tech hours versus the availability of equipment based upon customer operating hours
- Responsible for work analysis, vehicle planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approval
- Oversee the execution of the Automated Planning System (APS)
- Labor Management Provides management, training and development of all personnel assigned. Responsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel
- Responsible for successful development and execution of the Technical Training Plan in coordination with the Field Training Team
- Ensure TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trends
- Responsible for Recruiting, Hiring, On-boarding, Payroll, and Succession Planning
- Customer Management: Directly responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction, and retention, as well as ensuring vehicle uptime
- Responsible for optimizing vehicle maintenance cycle time and ensuring that the shop meets or exceeds Delivered in Time Promised objectives based upon customer requirements
- Responsible for ensuring complete execution of the Customer Communication Protocol
- Collaborate with Sales Team to develop the service requirement section of the Customer Care Plan to ensure effective delivery of service
- Conduct customer visits and annual reviews as required by the Customer Care Plan Responsible for Customer Retention and Maintenance CSI through optimal execution of the Maintenance Promise. Asset Management: Directs his/her direct reports in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned location, including sustaining 6S standards throughout the shop
- Responsible for the execution of Asset Management initiatives at the shop level
- Evaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirements
- Management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service process
- Provide input during business unit asset management review
- Ensure all vehicles have required specifications in SAM
- Responsible for Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures. Collaborate with Rental in scheduling PM's, utilization of assets to be ready at all times, subs, VMI, and wash log
- Quality Management: Responsible for Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, as well as performing In Process Reviews on non-PM work
- Lead breakdown root cause analysis process, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance Center
- Maintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimized
- Responsible for all Mandatory Compliance items at the Shop Level as identified on the Quality Review inspection list
- Accountable for all Quality Metrics within the Shop
- Develop and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programs
- Accountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirements Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace and providing guidance for all safety efforts and initiatives
- Ensure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehicles
- Comply with Safety, State, and EPA regulations and requirements Financial Management: Responsible for ensuring shop delivers against Net Maintenance Cost per Unit objectives without sacrificing quality, safety or customer satisfaction
- Responsible for implementing cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectives
- Directly responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targets
- Responsible for the optimization of net maintenance cost per unit
- Work with vendor sourcing group to identify potential and preferred vendors for specific facilities and vehicle maintenance services
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of third party invoices and the quality of worked outsourced to vendors
- Responsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation, all liquid inventories to include fuel, DEF and oil
- Responsible for the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activity
- Responsible for the Warranty process and maximizing Warranty recovery in the shop
- Ensure data integrity in the shop management online system
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website