The Accounts Receivable Department is seeking an entry level Accounting Assistant to support the Cash Applications Team and the Invoice Distribution team. The ideal candidate for this position is able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team, be detail oriented, manage time effectively and prioritize tasks. This position offers competitive compensation, fosters career advancement opportunities for interested candidates and has potential for 100% remote work after a period of onsite training for candidates local to Andover, MA only.
Cash Applications falls under the umbrella of the Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization at SAIC. FSS comprises many functions such as Accounts Receivable, Cash Collection, Project Setup, as well as other Shared Service functions within SAIC.
FSS is a dedicated and detail-oriented finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
- Reconciling bank statements to accounts receivable aging.
- Recording cash transactions in CostPoint.
- Researching Unapplied cash.
- Accurately navigate and submit invoices into web based portals.
- Reporting on cash statistics to internal users.
- Maintaining records and correspondence for tracking and audit purposes.
- Supporting cash related research request from internal users.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and five (5) years' of related experience; OR Associate's degree and two (2) years' of related experience; OR Bachelor's degree and zero (0) years' of related experience. Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A successful candidate must be able to set prioritize and time management effectively.
Apply on company website