SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers to lead configuration manager efforts for this program, integrating space and ground development efforts and complex user and broad system interfaces. As an SE&I Professional, you will work with stakeholders to maintain configuration control of system requirements, model based system engineering artifacts and system interfaces. To qualify for this role, you should possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems integration and test activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of program baseline
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, and development contractors.
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current TS clearance. TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in systems integration and configuration management
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience with lifecycle systems integration
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Experience with DOORS Next
- Experience with Cameo System modeling tools
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Experience with Agile software development
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website