The National Security Group of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Engineer with a TS/SCI Polygraph to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) in Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate communicates complex cyber planning and operations information, orally and in writing, elicits understanding and support from professional peers and non-specialists. Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command's Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command's external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners. Evaluates and conducts development of Cyberspace Operations (CO) requirements and assists in creating CO Lines of Operations (LOO).
Daily activities may include:
- Research and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements
- Evaluates products against the customer's operational requirements
- Assist with the implementation of security solutions
- Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests, and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues
- Develops, integrates, and maintains operational TTPs and SOPs
- Recommends network management policies and procedures for implementation
- Identifies DODIN OPS and DCO enterprise management tool requirements and evaluates operational standards and tools for use
- Maintains in-depth knowledge in IT standards, protocols, and methods of exploitation
- Coordinates network defense operations with DOD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FAs), Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement (LE), and U.S. Government organizations.
Minimum ten (10) years' experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level II Certification
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Active TS/SCI Polygraph
Apply on company website