SAIC is seeking an individual for a Data Analytics role to join the Space and Missions Group (SMSG). SMSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. You would support the cutting-edge programs in national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
This Data Analytics role will work in a collaborative team-focused environment with technical understanding and practical application in prototyping, designing, and integrating niche tools which will be used in an analytical environment. This position will help progress, establish, incorporate, and advance current and promising concepts to inform tactical decision making timelines. Your role is to provide needed knowledge and proficiency to develop algorithms, support modeling and simulation efforts and provide data analytic skills to conduct analyses to support physics-based modeling for Indications and Warning platforms and sensor systems in the defensive space domain. This position is available immediately and is in direct support to the community's space situational awareness mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct analysis of mission data applicable to defensive space domain to promote awareness and understanding about threat behaviors and vulnerabilities
- Formulate and interpret problems in mathematical or computational terms
- Design, develop, use, and evaluate mathematical models, methods, and algorithm application to explore concepts and solve problems for the customer
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software algorithms (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel process development, manipulation of large data sets)
- Advance and progress space-based models for integration into simulation scenarios
- Research analysis products and tools for possible integration to enhance Modeling & Simulation framework
- Create new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks, and libraries
- Improve, support, and test a Modeling & Simulation framework to support other team member's analysis work
- Refine and enhance existing applications to better meet the customer's mission
- Code, test, and maintain internally developed mathematical software tools
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology field, Operations Research or related discipline is required w/15+ years' experience
- Five or more years of experience of demonstrated on-the-job knowledge of providing data analytics solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, .NET on windows and UNIX systems as appropriate
- Hands-on experience creating algorithms and engineering tools for data processing and modeling and simulation
- Practical understanding in modeling and simulation with a focus on optimization, including theoretical and numerical methods for analysis of current and future systems
- Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges
- Capability to distill complex problems into digestible structures/formats
- Due to Federal Regulations, you must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
- ** Ability to obtain TS/SCI with polygraph**
Apply on company website