This is a Colorado-based position. Assists customer mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing physical, logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
Specific duties include:
- Ensure that TechSIGINT mission models align with the entire collection of models.
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Develop and maintain artifacts, such as: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, data mappings.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder communities to discuss requirements and models developed.
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats to logical data model concepts.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into common microformats that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master's degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to assemble, lead, and manage high-performing teams through an adaptive leadership style.
- Experience working in a matrix management construct with responsibility for technical outcomes while team leads are responsible for management, especially assignment and accountability of resources, to support specific threads.
- Experience creating thread reviews respective of assigned threads that clearly display the assigned set of use cases, mission outcomes, and measures of success.
- Experience providing insight into the various organizations' priorities and “care-abouts” regarding assigned threads and report back to Government Leadership, particularly early on, and also provide reciprocal feedback from the Government Leadership to the partner organizations. Collaboration with these partner organizations will require interaction with civilian, military, and contractor staff of various experience levels to achieve outcomes.
- Provide analysis across the enterprise on implementation strategies, engineering processes, identification of gaps and needs, and efficiencies/duplication avoidance.
- Support development, decision tracking, and cross-thread analysis; working with other thread leads to further develop thread concepts, configuration management, prioritization of processes, and document decisions.
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of the business knowledge and enterprise data standards to implement strategies that benefit the enterprise.
- Knowledge of systems engineering documentation end-to-end to include, but not limited to, DoDAF architecture products, CONOPS, ICD's, capabilities documents, SEP's, test plans, hardware & software design documentation, requirements specifications, design specifications, etc.
- Analysis of design and implementation alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Apply on company website