Location: Norfolk, VA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
The Defense Systems Customer Group currently has a career opportunity for a Fleet Unit Level Training (ULT) Voice Communications Support technical analyst to provide support to Commander, Afloat Training Group Atlantic in Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide telecommunications support and serve as a live and synthetic training Voice Communications technical expert and program analyst. Program analysts have experience at the senior level including supervisory experience. In general, they review program (specific) data, evaluate program plans/changes and assist in the preparation of documents with various senior-level, civilian and military stakeholders. They are able to analyze program information, strategize plans, produce quality analytic work in the form of information papers, white papers, briefs, and executive correspondence and effectively present the results in a clear and concise manner when required. Training program analysts utilize time and government furnished equipment/information to accomplish their tasks successfully and promote program efficiencies. They are subject matter experts (SME) in their fields of expertise.
In addition to excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, applicable training program analyst experience includes:
· U.S. Navy training operations, policy, systems, and staff procedures.
· Managing/ prioritizing large, complex projects involving numerous stakeholders.
· Leading working groups and cross-functional teams.
· Leveraging best practices and handling multiple tasks and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables.
· Engaging Senior Staff at the Flag Officer/Director/Manager level.
· Conducting fleet training analysis/assessment to identify gaps, training needs and solutions.
Specific Functional Area tasks include:
· Conduct classroom and hands-on training for shipboard technicians in the operation and material assessment of shipboard communications systems and associated subsystems in accordance with current TYCOM training policy and instructions.
· Schedule and conduct COMMS monthly in port training events (MITEs).
· Configure, align, and operate communications equipment.
· Validate communications architecture for distributed exercises during Unit Level Training (ULT) certification events (e.g., Fleet Synthetic Training-Unit [FST-U] and Cruise Missile Tactical Qualification [CMTQ]).
· Review communications requirements and draft OPTASK COMMS, Satellite Access Requests (SAR) and Communications Security (COMSEC) callout messages.
· Guide and assist watch teams, tracking and correcting communications during ULT exercise execution.
· Provide communications operations support to include:
- Ultra high frequency (UHF)
- Very high frequency (VHF)
- High frequency (HF)
- IP-based communications (DRMS/VoIP)
- Distributed Interactive System (DIS)
- Cryptologic devices
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
· U.S. citizen with a Secret clearance.
· Bachelor of Science degree and a major in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
· Recent active duty naval operational experience.
· Five (5) years of technical and general Program Analyst experience (seven years in lieu of degree will be considered).
· Five (5) years of experience operating satellite, UHF, VHF, IP-based communications, Distributed Interaction System (DIS), LAN and cryptologic devices.
· Three (3) years of applicable training program analyst and other Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
· Current CompTIA Security Plus Continuing Education (CE) certification
· Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
· Experienced in use of MS Office products.
· Solid understanding of all phases of the FRTP and Fleet Response Plan (FRP).
· Familiarity with Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM) and use of the Master Scheduling Program (MSP) is a plus.
Apply on company website