SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is seeking a GEOINT Electro-Optical (EO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide Systems Engineer Technical Advisor (SETA) services for a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer's Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle. This position is located in Chantilly, VA, however alternate locations are considered.
In this role, you will provide technical support to facilitate the development of GEOINT capabilities cooperatively with development contractors and mission partners to optimize mission success. The EO SME Engineer will actively perform engineering and analysis to ensure programs successfully develop and deliver core mission processing services in all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
Key functions include:
- Interface directly with development Prime Contractors in the role of oversight, monitoring of software development and integration activities and ensuring alignment with Government requirements and objectives
- Retain cognizance of a wide variety of GEOINT mission processing projects including, technical baseline, project schedules, dependencies, risks and cost
- Advise Senior and Mid-Level managers on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, risk assessment of project execution
- Conduct Strategic planning for both mission architecture needs (technical trade studies, definition of future architecture planning, software service recommendations etc.) and programmatic (Program Budget Guidance, cost estimation, generation of acquisition schedules)
- Developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) for new capabilities and coordinating them across the affected organizations
- Developing enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface requirements
- Accomplish performance assessment and provide estimates of cost, schedule and risk impacts to existing Ground architecture implementations
- Provide technical and cost assessment of vendor proposals, review technical reports, design artifacts and program plans
You will work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years' experience with IC, DoD, and/or commercial space architectures, systems and/or operations.
- Experience in EO phenomenology specific to collection and processing methodology
- Experience in EO systems to include tasking, command & control, collection, mission processing, or dissemination
- Experience in requirements development and definition activities
- Domain knowledge in Ground Software, Space Development Programs or Mission Operations programs
- Strong organizational, time-management, and verbal / written communication skills, able to convey information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
- Bachelor's STEM degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with GEOINT processing and system architecting in the areas space based systems
- Experience with current and future EO satellite, airborne, and ground collection systems to include current and future processing capabilities
- Working knowledge of the operations of GEOINT and associated scheduling, tasking and/or mission management functions
- Understanding of advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) capabilities
- Demonstrable understanding of planning, scheduling and mission management technologies
- Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience
- Specific experience in support of Intelligence Community's (IC) GEOINT systems and capability development.
- Experience with Agile development programs
Apply on company website