SAIC is seeking a Logistics Consultant to support the IC customer in Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in ensuring data integrity and reporting accuracy in client's designated property management system, Systems Applications and Products (SAP) database.
- Develop and analyze SAP training modules and provide recommendations for future training initiatives or computer-based training requirements for site personnel.
- Provide SAP instructor-led training when required and obtain trainer certification.
- Maintain current with market trends and supplier capabilities while demonstrating strategic thinking, transportation knowledge, and functional expertise.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Review systematic and operational processes in all areas of responsibility to streamline the operation, improve efficiencies, and cost structure.
- Identify, coordinate, communicate, and implement logistics improvements across the enterprise
- Maintain up-to-date requirements for Client Property Management and Warehouse Center's (PMWC) yearly government Property and Warehouse Manual Reviews to include collection of updates and validity of those update and assist with updating and publishing the manual annually.
- Participate in client property audits.
- Coordinate with the client's Media Services Center for presentation and publications of PMWCC books, briefings, and other literature.
- Assist PMWC with Supply Chain Management Reviews (SCMRs).
- Analyze property management and warehouse lifecycle processes, to include benchmarking and studies, and provide sound business solutions for improvement.
- Effectively organize and analyze information to produce reports, position papers, and briefings that are responsive to the needs of the section chief.
- Support Property Accountability and supply programs as it pertains to supply, maintenance, transportation, and financial management functions.
- Use analytical techniques to assess programs and develop strategies for operational improvements and efficiencies as applied to property and warehouse management.
- Bachelors degree with 18 years experience, 16 with Masters.
- Capable of interacting of effectively with all levels of personnel
- Lead working groups through problem solving, develop detailed responses to government audits
- Present progress and results to contractor and government senior leadership
- Solid, progressive experience in all aspects of logistics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, multi-task, and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA, and all related safety regulations
- Solid knowledge of government regulations
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, etc
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
Apply on company website