DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented ClearPath Dorado/OS2200 Senior Software Engineer to work closely with IRS and SAIC/Legacy Unisys Federal Team members supporting the Dorado system including the ClearPath Forward environment.
The candidate SHOULD possess client Consulting skills with World-wide Best Practices in a Unisys Dorado Environment and MUST exhibit mastery of the following hard skills in a data center automation context (Unisys Dorado, Microsoft Windows, and Linux environment):
• Deep understanding of global Best Practices for Unisys Operations Sentinel product and extensions.
• Expert knowledge in object-oriented configuration of Unisys Operations Sentinel (class/attribute methodologies, Topology creation, Event Report construction/processing, etc).
• Practical knowledge of External Application Launch and Alert Policy usage, configuration, and advanced techniques (email/text messaging, audible output, SNMP Trap generation, etc triggered in response to raised/acknowledged/cleared alerts, for instance).
• In-depth CP-AMS/SP-AMS coding experience: long-term management requires advanced techniques in code development and structure. Also required is expert-level use of the ADBM and Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Advanced knowledge of the C# language, Linux shell script, and VB Script is also an absolute requirement.
• Ability to integrate multiple point products, in order to effectively drive high-level dashboard monitoring displays with a range of exception data. This implies a deep understanding of all Operations Sentinel open interfaces (APIs, Pipe, and automation language entry points, such as the ME Event Report).
• Extensive knowledge of Unisys Dorado Server Management Control (SMC), its Web Services APIs, and the ability to write C# code to connect these low-level interfaces to the Operations Sentinel APIs. This is required for Disaster Recovery (DR) Automation.
• Additional C# skills that allow for client-oriented User Interface (UI) creation: these access the SPO and SMC APIs through the Shared Object Manager Application (SOMA).
• Deep knowledge of, and ability to adapt, SOMA source code to meet evolving client needs. SOMA is a consulting deliverable implemented at many other Unisys sites globally, and is often updated to meet high-level and low-level client requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of SOMA Hardware Expected State Monitoring.
• Ability to extend SOMA to include Software Object Monitoring, as requested recently by an SAIC client.
The applicant must also exhibit the following soft skills alongside the above hard skills:
• Capacity to perform gap analysis, in order to bridge functionality voids between point products.
• Broad understanding of multiple product's strengths and weaknesses, so as to position products effectively in response to client requirements.
• Capability to communicate effectively with the client, Unisys, and SAIC management. This implies excellent verbal/written communications skills, presentation creation/delivery abilities, and the commitment to follow through on promised deliverables.
• Formal training experience, from material creation to delivery, in a dynamic, workshop-oriented venue.
• Ability to invent new automation solutions (such as metrics to track automation progress) and communication skills to present/enthuse the client with regard to future possibilities.
The day to day responsibilities will include application and execution of the above skillset in a Federal Agency customer sites as part of the ongoing efforts and any new opportunities that will be worked out by the Account team(s). Also training and mentoring of other team members in order to ensure a backup/fall back mechanism or any other responsibilities assigned by the Leadership team on an as needed basis.
QualificationsRequires a bachelor's degree and 14 years of overall experience or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of related Dorado/OS2200 experience.
Must be able to pass Department of Treasury IRS Minimum Background Investigation.
Apply on company website