SAIC is seeking an Applications Architects to serve as the lead technical resource providing strategic oversight and planning for applications architecture and design. This position will be responsible for the following:
Coordinate the development of new software system applications
Provide technical expertise in software architecture
Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
Document and design software specifications for software engineers
Produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design.
Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information, and that the instructions are correct.
Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
Lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles.
This position will also assign technical experts for all major project reviews; monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; and recommend training in software development technologies.
Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
Develops metadata structures including dictionaries, taxonomies and ontologies.
Provide the operation and maintenance of operations systems
Develop unit and functional test plans
Provide database architectural and design capabilities
Design and develop tools for the MS windows and relevant operating system platforms
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph
- Possess knowledge on software installation of programs, coding, and/or scripting skills:
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Batch command-line
- MSI and MSIX (Windows Installer)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Experience within the IC community
Apply on company website