Tis the season for a bonus! This position is eligible for SAIC's National Security Sign On Bonus which pays within 30 days of start
SAIC seeks a Budget Analyst and Resource Manager to support an Intelligence Community (IC) customer operating in the area of Bethesda, Maryland. In this role you will develop, review, update, and maintain budgets, forecasts, and spend plans for the customer, while also providing input and recommendations to government leadership regarding risks and opportunities.
This position is embedded in a customer office, and you will work directly with office leadership to shape the organization's plans, set and track program budgets, and monitor execution. The ideal candidate will also possess an interest in process improvement, with an eye toward streamlining and improving the methods and tools that are used to build budgets and track performance for the office's portfolio.
Specific tasks and responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Develop, review, update, and maintain budget artifacts per Government guidance, and provide detailed analysis, options and recommendations regarding budgetary actions and status.
- Create and track BCRs and SLAs and associated artifacts to include 7600As, cost estimates, and memorandums of understanding (MoUs).
- Analyze and interpret legislation, government policies, and directives to assess the budgetary impact.
- Prepare spend plans, monitor non-personal services budget, and assist with budget development and financial analysis as needed.
- Assist in integrating all budget functions in a system of financial controls.
- Formulate annual spend plans, respond to taskers and briefing questions, develop justifications, provide background information and documentation for presentation to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with internal/external offices for the coordination and completion of tasks.
- Assist the Government in the development and maintenance of a financial reporting process.
- Advise the Government and make recommendations for improvements to the design of financial management reporting, including internal controls and accounting and reporting processes.
- Track open item closure trends and other performance metrics in order to proactively identify and head off financial issues.
- Prepare financial slides for senior leadership monthly reviews, and provide weekly updates to government financial manager.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, in particular MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Able to communicate budgetary and financial issues clearly in a concise and organized manner, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Familiar with government financial and accounting systems, such as BASIS and COGNOS.
- Must hold a TS//SCI clearance and be comfortable reviewing and working with classified information.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website