SAIC is looking for an experienced, cleared, Senior Proposal Writer to join our team in Chantilly, VA. Partial telework is available, but the candidate must be local to the National Capital region and go into the office as needed.
General Overview: Are you driven to excel as a proposal writer and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join the SAIC Proposal Development Center of Excellence. SAIC offers the opportunity to win more as part of a collaborative team dedicated to high-quality proposal writing. SAIC proposal writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, support diverse customer needs, and advance their capabilities beyond the industry standard.
Position Description: The Senior Proposal Writer collaborates with SAIC experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. The ideal candidate will hold a TS/SCI clearance and align to our National Security & Space Sector.
Description of Duties:
- Writes and leads technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes.
- Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field
- 15+ total years of professional experience, 13+ years with master's
- 6+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Demonstrated success writing and leading technical, management, resume, and/or past performance volumes for complex efforts
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- Active TS clearance and eligibility for SCI
- 10+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Ability to coach and instruct others to facilitate consistency across multiple authors
- Active Top Secret, must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
Apply on company website