SAIC is seeking a System Administrator in Fort Meade, MD. This Command System Administrator will take tasking and guidance from the Command Division Officer and work along with Government and contractor SA's & ISSO's and other members of the command as required. In this position you will work with multiple teams and support the primary Fort Meade sites, users and systems to ensure security compliance and maximize system uptime. You will work up and down the chain of command and provide guidance to help drive security compliance measures.
- Handle day to day Linux and Windows system administration needs.
- Provide user level support to developers to assist with day to day use of systems (accounts, password resets/vm restarts/system issues) and help develop new system functions.
- Assist ISSO's and System Administrators in making approved system changes.
- Provide recommendations for system & network security via reporting or formal meeting settings.
- Monitor computer network & systems ensuring all servers, switches, routers, crypto, fiber connections, attached leased circuits and distant end hardware are fully secure and follow proper operations through security scans and implementation of security controls.
- Monitor user accounts ensuring permissions match role for level of access. Validate in-hold accounts of detaching personnel.
- Provide information assurance guidance and oversight for the networks and stand-alone systems.
- Maintain liaison with high level professionals in other agencies and facilities to identify and define current and future technologies to support intelligence requirement.
- Create system security plans, plan of action and milestones (POA&M), security action plan, personnel training, and maintain policies for all networks supporting the ISSM in all missions.
- Monitor information security inspections include incident response actions as well as ensuring corrective measures have been taken.
- Perform scanning and duplication of various security documents and other program documentation, filling of documents, maintain hardcopy and electronic files of program documents.
- Coordinate with PSO, SSO, CPSO personnel in accreditation processes.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; four (4) years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment.
- Systems Administration work on Virtual Linux/Windows machines in offline environments to include patch management, vulnerability scanning.
- Experience writing security documents. Such as building an SSP from the ground up.
- Ability to push an approved plan through initial planning to full implementation.
- Ability to set technical and business objectives and follow through (i.e, SSP and A&A package).
Required Certification: Active DoD approved 8570 IAT Level II certifications (ie..Security+ CE).
- Information Assurance experience including applying STIGS, resolving IAVA's and risk acceptance documents.
- Knowledge of scripting tools like PowerShell and automation tools like Puppet and Ansible.
- Able to obtain within 6 month of hire an OS certification Windows Server or Linux Server.
Required Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
Apply on company website