JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to fill an Operations and Maintenance Manager (OMM) position on a critical Intelligence Community (IC) program. The qualified candidate will oversee all O&M efforts (Monitoring and Metrics, Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, System Administration, Routine Operations, Compliance Management, Systems Engineering and Architecture, Database Administration, and Deployment Support), including oversight of all 24/7 support. The OMM oversees and directs the day-to-day infrastructure operations and maintenance activities, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. The OMM leads teams that implement and maintain networks and servers, respond to user help desk requests, and monitor system stability and performance. The OMM will provide guidance and leadership to the operations and maintenance teams and technicians, and directly support end users and customers by handling escalations, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. The successful candidate will have full accountability for the operation and maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Monitor IT Servers and Systems: Monitor the status of servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. The OMM has oversight of software upgrades, bug fixes, services requests, CONOPS testing.
- Direct IT Administrators and Technicians: Direct the activities of IT technicians, both to directly support customers and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives. The OMM assesses current technical needs and help desk inquiries and assigns personnel to resolve each issue. Manage and oversee business hours, after hours and weekend technical activities as needed. Provide mentorship and guidance to infrastructure platform Team Leads and technicians.
- Develop Policies and Procedures: Develop operations and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably. Assist program manager in developing service level agreements (SLAs), reports and presentations. Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as wikis, system Concept of Operations (CONOPS) documents, system design documents and interface control documents.
- Resolve Service Escalations and Major Incident Management: Provide direct customer support overseeing Tier 2/3 service desk and platform team escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user's issue, the OMM will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem. Provide effective management of Major Incident investigation, escalation and resolution, providing oversight and guidance of troubleshooting activities, customer communications and efficient service restoration.
- Oversee Upgrades and Installations: Provide operational support of IT maintenance and administrative activities during systems upgrades, enhancements and installations. Introduce new methods to streamline the upgrade process, monitor the systems to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience.
- 12+ years of experience in IT service delivery, including servers, network devices, databases and enterprise applications and systems
- 5+ years of experience in leading a team of 20 or more, effectively manage IT personnel and operations & maintenance priorities.
- Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on Agile and PMP principals.
- Must have experience managing operation team performance using Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Agile (SAFe certification) and SecDevOp experience
Apply on company website