Senior Helpers is currently seeking a Director of Care to work in their Des Plaines IL office.
As a member of Senior Helpers team, you will be at the forefront of our mission to provide compassionate care and improve the quality of life for our clients, their families and our employees. Ideal candidate will come from the Home Care industry, have a strong understanding of state compliance, and have staffing and retention experience.
Senior Helpers is the nation's premier provider of in-home senior services ranging from specialized care for those with diseases, such as dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, to personal and companion care to help individuals looking for a little assistance with daily activities. Founded in 2002 with a vision to help seniors age with dignity despite age-related illnesses and mobility challenges, Senior Helpers has hundreds of franchised and owned businesses that have cared for tens of thousands of seniors. Senior Helpers' culture is based on strong core values, recognition of achievements and respect.Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Recruit new qualified caregivers on a continual basis to meet the staffing needs of the scheduling team and in accordance with company-defined goals. This includes placing ads, attending job fairs, and developing new recruiting methods
- Interview, screen (complete reference checks), hire and orient incoming applicants according to company standards and pay levels. Ensure the caregiver's physical and electronic file is complete with all updated and necessary documentation
- Maintain and update all caregiver files in accordance with state regulations. Monitor licensure expiration dates and follow up to ensure caregivers are in compliance. Coordinate and verify that all caregiver skill assessments are complete, file the form, and record electronically.
- Handle on-call duty on a regular basis and as directed by the Manager.
- Monitor and submit Workers Comp requests.
- Complete and submit responses for unemployment claims.
- Maintain data for all caregivers on IDPH registry.
- Assist with biweekly payroll preparation.
- Enter new hires in ADP.
- Manage open enrollment for Health Insurance on a yearly basis.
- Minimum of two years in staffing and recruiting
- Professional experience in Senior Care
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures related to the in-home care industry
- Team player, excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apply on company website