Coordinate contract flooring projects from the approval of the project through the final completion. Ensure that each project is completed on schedule, that the quality meets all standards, that the projected profit levels are maintained or improved, and that the customer is completely satisfied.
- Communicate with mills and other distributors to determine the availability of products
- Coordinate and run the job on a daily basis
- Share responsibility for the success of the job
- Responsible coordinator with the office personnel regarding the ordering and expediting of materials, and making certain of dye-lot compatibility as it arrives on the jobsite for installation.
- Communicate job schedules to coordinate with the client, the general contractor, and/or Field Supervisor
- Determine steps necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project schedules.
- Perform consistent, timely follow-up with suppliers, tracing as many as thirty separate shipments of items depending on the complexity of the job.
- Communicate logistics of jobsite for receiving deliveries in the most expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Thorough follow up is essential including evening and weekend contact as required. Communicate with customer at every opportunity.
- Coordinate all change orders in writing. Track all changes to ensure proper completion and billing.
- Monitor installations for meeting schedules and quality standards
- Maintain required documentation in job folders and on the computer system to support the projects. Assemble all information relating to the projects.
- Receive punch list and repair calls. Determine responsibility for repairs. Prepare cost estimates if necessary. Review invoices and charge back to primary installers accordingly.
Required Competencies :
- Execute Action Plan
- Initiate Action
- Adapt and Change
- Demonstrate Good Judgment
- Building Trusting Relationships
- High school diploma or equivalent, or relevant experience
- Must have strong mathematical skills for product calculations, which are critical to the project.
- Must be able to interpret/understand blueprints
- Maintain professional demeanor with customers at all times.
- Knowledge of installation procedures
- Knowledge of flooring products
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website