Position Overview: Create Shaw brand loyalty by delivering our products in a safe and timely manner, at a value to our customers. Manage and provide direction for the daily efficient operations for the Regional Distribution Center located in Taunton, MA. Responsible for 37 associates: a fleet of 21 drivers and 16 warehouse & office associates. Delivery area includes Boston, MA, Springfield, MA, Hyannis, MA, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. This includes, but is not limited to, the functions of receiving, processing, shipping, storing, and delivery of floor covering and related materials, and the associates involved in these processes.
- Must build trusting relationships with associates and various support groups, both internal and external.
- Must be able to work autonomously and drive results to reach key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for maintaining communication with the Directors of Regional Operations on the performance of the facility.
- Ensure a safe work environment is provided for all associates to include compliance with all DOT and OSHA requirements.
- Engage, develop and attract diverse associates to achieve facility goals.
- Demonstrate business acumen, strategic influence and change management while leveraging resources.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
- Engage in continuous self-development efforts.
Requirements: Four year degree and 1+ years of distribution management/supervisor experience; or High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of distribution management/supervisor experience. Candidate must be willing and able to travel to regional warehouses located throughout the country. Candidate must be proficient in basic software and other technology applications. Good communication skills, both verbal and written required. Candidate must be organized with specific attention to detail.
Preferred: Background in DOT and OSHA compliance.
Build Successful Team
Demonstrate Customer Orientation
Demonstrate Strategic Influence
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website