Execution of assigned tasks and duties with a focus on:
Safe work practices.
High quality, precision work with a customer service orientation in support of “Great Products & Service”.
Adherence to standards and best practice application acquired through trainng and work experience.
Sharing maintenance knowledge and application skills through mentoring Reliability Electrician levels II & III, while continuing to grow in the knowledge of maintenance practices and equipment performance, understanding their impact on manufacturing processes and business objectives.
Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with peers and leadership
POSITION DUTIES & TASKS:
- Maintain manufacturing process and support equipment to highest, reasonable performance levels to include electrical systems including, but not limited to: Electrical system components - MCC's, inverters, motors, etc. Control systems - PLC's, robotics, and other associated automation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and execute repairs of equipment causing or contributing to safety, quality, downtime/productivity opportunities and issues.
- Differentiate between cause types when troubleshooting among product, process, mechanical, and electrical contributors.
- Communicate findings, identifying potential causes, and correction steps to operations and maintenance leadership.
- Verify, provide feedback, and update electrical schematics appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Execute and assist in the development of proactive maintenance plans, including planned jobs on assigned equipment to include: Preventive Maintenance (PM) - inspection & measurement of equipment components for proper function applying specifications, drawings, and written instruction on pre-defined schedules.
- Condition Maintenance (CM) – repair and replacement of components identified as requiring attention through PM & PdM activities based on detailed job plans, including the development of detailed job plans and ensuring any necessary updates to schematics, are completed.
- Execute assigned or scheduled work orders in support of projects and process improvement (PI) efforts identified as critical to business objectives.
- Mentor Reliability Electrician II's & III's in development of needed skills, while continuing to strengthen personal skills through assisting Reliability Electrician V's in installation, upgrades, and removal of general electrical systems.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Safety practices - LOTO, Confined Space, PPE, Hot Work, PIT, Fall Protection, Hoisting & Rigging.
Calculator and Computer application – work order documentation, parts requisitioning measurement units, techniques, and application of appropriate tools including Process Calibrators, oscilloscope, IR camera, data loggers, and data archival and analysis.
Math skills to include: Arithmetic Application of formulas such as current, voltage, etc. Conversion of measurement units.
Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics/prints, updating electrical prints/schematics assigned for modification.
Identification and proper use of tools focused on the selection of the right tool for work assignment application.
Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
Intermediate understanding of e-stop systems.
Intermediate troubleshooting of electrical components such as, but not limited to PLC's, AC & DC drives, relay logic, single-loop controllers, pneumatics & hydraulics.
Ability to create basic to intermediate PLC programs for process and operational control.
Build Customer Satisfaction
8 hour, evening shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website