Specific responsibilities include daily sales calls on existing customers. Must present products to end users, architects and designers. New end use business development skills are preferred. Additionally, he or she must continually prospect for viable new accounts while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the Los Angeles area.
- Characteristics to include honesty, integrity, hard work, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Work with end users, architects, designers and flooring contractors, etc. to select appropriate products for their projects that fit within their design criteria, budget and time frame.
- Travel daily throughout assigned area to call on existing customers and prospect new customers to solicit business.
- Manage project from inception to completion including identifying opportunity, product selection, specification, order placement, order tracking, delivery coordination, installation oversight, punch walk/ claim coordination( if necessary), and communication of maintenance program.
- Must be motivated and comfortable working and supporting a closely knit team environment.
- Must be able and competent to work with and manage customer base thru CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool such as Salesforce.com
- Follow up on a variety of leads from sources such as Build Central, CoStar, networking groups
- Build relationships with existing and new customers by entertaining such as lunches, dinners or special events.
Contract Specialist must implement the selling process in his/her area; they must have the ability to make good judgment decisions. A full understanding of the product line is essential. Furthermore, an understanding of the application that each product serves is critical. The ability to interface/communicate with a diverse group of customers in a friendly and respectable manner is a must. The ideal candidate will possess a flexible personality and be able to communicate clearly to other persons, both orally and in written form. Contract Specialist must give presentations to architects, designers, and end-users to educate them on the flooring industry and how Shaw Contract Group can benefit them on their projects.
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Influence Others
- Execute Action Plan
- Build Customer Satisfaction
- Initiate Action
- Adapt and Change
Bachelor's degree or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years previous industry sales experience required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Candidate already living within or familiar with the territory is strongly preferred.
- Commercial flooring experience preferred.
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website