DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women's services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control. At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 6 bed unit covering
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for newborn risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders. Rounds with physicians.
- Cares for patients requiring newborn care, feeding, IV, medications, respiratory care including stabilizing and preparing for transport.
- Manages and assesses the patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician with delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for outstanding patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families. Encourages Family Centered Care.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program (FT/PT employees)
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Package
Matching 401(k) Plan
Nursing Clinical Ladder
Generous Paid Time-Off Plan
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Discount Program
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing is required.
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP is required.
- Two years in a Level 2 or Level 3 NICU is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website