SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Learning Institute, an SS&C Technologies business unit, combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility of a small, fast-growth company. SS&C Learning Institute offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The culture is truly collaborative. Everyone's input is valued. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do - every one of us eager to amaze our customers with our solutions.
At SS&C Learning Institute, we are building a next-generation cloud-based learning platform that will enable learners across internal and external businesses to maximize their potential through successful delivery of knowledge, and accurately reporting this knowledge transfer.
We achieve this through intuitive software and an unwavering focus on user experience. With tens of thousands of learners making use of our platform, there is a genuine opportunity to make a difference every day.
Our platform is Java back end, and we are moving to front end built with Vue.js. Speed and user experience are key, ensuring the learner can focus on learning with every aspect of our platform supporting that endeavor.
Java/Vue.js Developer - Front-end focus
We are looking for a highly motivated front end Developer with solid Java/Spring experience to join our team developing and delivering our Learning Experience Platform. You are a full stack developer, with strong Java and Vue.js skills, and your passion is for user-friendly front-end development.
You have extensive experience delivering enterprise web applications with a focus on user experience and slick interfaces. You understand full application architecture and the importance of speed in web apps. You are a self-starter, constantly learning and open to new ideas and approaches. You are looking for an innovative organization where you can demonstrate your cutting-edge skills and creativity.
The role requires a solid hands-on background in all aspects of software development and delivery. The successful candidate will have a record of accomplishment delivering complex products from inception to completion and possess strong business analysis skills.
This position is full-time and open in our Mumbai offices.
- Programming design, development, and implementation of documented as well as verbal functional specifications.
- Working as part of an Agile development team, collaborating with Java Spring Back End developers to deliver Vue.js and HTML5 front-end enterprise web applications.
- Working with stakeholders to understand and deliver innovative solutions in the online learning space.
- Support customer production problems when needed.
- Provide timely status of projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years programming with Java Spring framework
- Excellent knowledge of Vue, React, and Material Design
- Strong interface design skills, UI/UX
- Have worked with MVC architecture
- Strong debugging skills
- Must understand object oriented programming, inheritance, polymorphism
- Experience with Java 8 or higher
- Experience with OAuth2 RESTful web services
- Experience with microservices
- Familiarity with Material Design and dynamic CSS3, HTML5 elements (Less/Sass, Bootstrap, Semantic-UI)
- Experience using MS SQL
- Experience of containerisation (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with Test Driven Development and testing tools such as JUnit and Selenium.
- Experience with NoSql databases such as MongoDB
- Prior experience of Learning Management Systems, SCORM, xAPI a distinct advantage
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment using JIRA, story points, Sprints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate opinions and ideas
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Autonomy to work effectively with minimal supervision or as part of team
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure in a team environment
- Must be organized and self-starting
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience gathering software requirements and architecture of technical solutions
- Desire to evangelize Developer Culture and lead change within the organization
- Desire to mentor junior developers and assist with intern project designs
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website