SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a RN PCU you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Student Loan Repayment
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated RN PCU like you to be a part of our team.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient's response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according to patient's progress and/or unit protocols and age-specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient's needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Maintains patient confidentiality. Maintains standard precautions. Maintains all necessary documentation.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policy and within age-specific parameters.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
Staff / Unit Responsibilities
- Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with job descriptions, license requirements, and standards of practice.
- Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies. Maintains unit-based competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review program.
- Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross training).
- Demonstrates willingness to assist other areas of the hospital as needed.
- Cross-trains and willingly works in other areas of the hospital accepting assignments within competency level.
- Effectively applies prioritization and time management to patient's care.
- Assists in all aspects of care in the environment.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures.
- Ensures that a patient has a signed consent present in the chart prior to procedure.
- Assists with recruiting and interviewing of competent staff.
- Assists staff in problem solving work issues and in adapting to the patient-focused care environment.
- Trains staff on hospital computer system.
- Assists with orientation, evaluation, and retention of clinical staff.
- Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
- Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates individual responsibility for keeping current by attending meetings, in-services, reading minutes and listening to taped reports.
- Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner.
- Offers input in specific work plans and due dates.
- Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
- Effectively prioritizes assignments.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept extra assignments.
- Adjusts to change, work pressures or different situations without undue stress.
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work methods.
- Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
- Maintains positive relationships with external customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
- Proactive in meeting customer's needs. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests.
- Keeps Team Leader informed of problems, recommends solutions.
- Participates in education/development of peers and other staff
- SDH Annual Education
- Attendance Requirements
- Adheres to Department Dress Code
- Code of Conduct Refresher Course
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world.
As a smaller, specialty hospital, Heart Hospital of Austin offers a family-like work environment where most all employees know each other by name.
As part of St. David's HealthCare, it is one of seven of the area's leading hospitals and part of one of the largest health systems in Texas.
Heart Hospital of Austin is nationally recognized by numerous independent rating organizations for its excellence in clinical quality.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN PCU opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing
RN Licensure from an accredited school of nursing
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse with current state licensure from the State of Texas
RN licensure from state with the Nursing Compact – required to get a Texas license within 90 days of hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website